Founded in April 2002 by Eric Rodrigue and Eric Dereumaux, Galerie RX was first established in the 8th arrondissement, in the Matignon district. In March 2005, the gallery expanded with a second exhibition space allowing it to present the work of established artists in conjunction with the work of the young international scene sometimes accompanied by curators.
In September 2010, Galerie RX inaugurates a new space, a place of experimentation intended to live contemporary art differently.
This 1500 m2 space with 14 meters under the ceiling, located in Ivry-sur-Seine at the gates of Paris, not far from the Bibliothèque Nationale de France, is equipped with 3 residences-workshops, 4 storage boxes, one of which is intended for monumental works, a gallery space that favors hangings, a platform that hosts events and the presentation of works created in-situ.
This place, witness to the tremendous technological and scientific progress of the early twentieth century, has seen illustrious personalities such as Gustave Eiffel for its architectural structure inaugurated in 1923 by the Ampère Laboratory, Robert Doisneau for having immortalized it with a series of photographs, and especially the Joliot-Curie couple who pursued research on nuclear energy with the gigantic pulse generator, a veritable machine for making lightning.
The Galerie RX in Ivry sur Seine, whose vocation is to be a real generator of projects, exchanges and sales, becomes in 2015 the only place after the closure of the Parisian spaces. It is here indeed that the news continues while waiting for the next opening in the Marais, scheduled for Fall 2015.
16 Rue des Quatre-Fils,
10:30 am - 5:30 pm
Xiao Fan Ru